This Award is meant for Cub Scouts. Decide for yourself if it is appropriate for your younger scouts or not.
The World Conservation Award provides an opportunity for individual Cub Scouts to 'think globally' and 'act locally' to preserve and improve our environment. This program is designed to make youth members aware that all nations are closely related through natural resources and that we are interdependent with our world environment.
The Cub Scout version of the World Conservation Award can be earned by Wolf, Bear, or Webelos Scouts, but not by Tigers.
This is considered a 'temporary patch' and should be displayed centered on the right pocket. It can be sewn on or displayed in a plastic patch holder hung from the pocket button.
This award can be earned only once while you are in Cub Scouting (i.e. as either a Wolf, Bear, or Webelos Scout).
As a Wolf Cub Scout, earn the Cub Scout World Conservation Award by doing the following
- Complete achievement #7 - Your Living World
- Complete all Arrow Points in 2 of the following 3 Electives:
- #13 - Birds
- #15 - Grow Something
- #19 - Fishing
- Participate in a den or pack conservation project in addition to the above
As a Bear Cub Scout, earn the Cub Scout World Conservation Award by doing the following:
- Complete achievement #5 - Sharing Your World with Wildlife
- Complete all requirements in 2 of the following 3 electives:
- #2 - Weather
- #12 - Nature Crafts
- #15 - Water and Soil Conservation
- Participate in a den or pack conservation project in addition to the above.
As a Webelos Scout, earn the Cub Scout World Conservation Award by doing the following:
- Earn the Forester activity badge.
- Earn the Naturalist activity badge.
- Earn the Outdoorsman activity badge.
- Participate in a den or pack conservation project.